Wondering which version of the Power Station will work best fo...
The Fryette PS100 is my #1 choice in my studio for amplifier a...
I covered a lot of attenuators. In those videos I had a lot of...
In this video we answer a commonly asked support question rega...
Explaining and solving "Mystery Squeal #2" is the objective in...
Please check our International Dealers for availability: Dealer List
Click here for Owners Manual: Power Station 100
SHIPPING TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE U.S.: The Power Station is available for shipping to most countries outside the U.S.
For Germany, UK and Japan sales, please go to the International Dealer page for a local dealer in your country:
Meet the Fryette Power Station® One Hundred
The PS-100 is a 100-watt version of the award-winning Power Station® PS-2.
With two sets of foot switchable front panel controls and a foot switchable FX loop, the PS-100 is designed to be transparent, user friendly, reliable and ultra-responsive to a wide array of guitar amplifier and speaker types. It also integrates seamlessly with any combination of internal and external speaker configurations.
The PS-100 also excels as a power booster, something that no other attenuator can do. Just as you would connect a big amp to reduce output volume, the PS-100 can also be used to boost the output of a small amplifier. Imagine taking your mini-amp or small vintage combo to a gig with enough power to be heard without sacrificing feel and tonal quality. It is not only possible, but easy and fun!
Finally, the PS-100 functions as a versatile silent reactive load for direct recording by simply connecting the Balanced or Unbalanced Line out to your recording interface.
Our Integrated Reactance Amplifier® is an easy to use, tunable reactive load coupled to a vacuum tube power amplifier that fine tunes your amplifier response which then drives your speaker cabinet.
If you have ever used a resistive or inductive attenuator, you have already experienced the loss of tone and dynamics of your amplifier at various volume settings. You are already frustrated with the typical 3dB step switch that always seems one step too loud or one step too quiet. If you've used a solid state powered attenuator, you've already experienced the flat speaker cab response and finicky effects loop function that never seems to be the perfect level.
The Power Station® solves all of those problems in one convenient, lightweight product that sits neatly on top of any head or combo amplifier.
It serves as:
1) An attenuator for controlling the volume of high powered amplifiers with none of the drawbacks of a conventional attenuator.
• Perfectly preserves the tone of the attenuated amplifier at any volume setting down to whisper level.
• Preserves the dynamic feel and speaker response at any volume.
• Allows you to extend the voicing of any amplifier - a vintage amp can sound more modern, a modern amp more vintage, a dull sounding amp more alive, and a "spongy" amp can sound tighter, etc.
• Provides a post distortion effects loop for any amp whether or not it already has one.
• Provides an unbalanced line out for any amp whether or not it already has one.
• Completely safe for any amplifier.
• Choose 4, 8 and 16 ohms separately for both the amplifier and cabinet matching. No more nerve-wracking impedance mis-matching that could damage your amplifier.
• Compact and easy to carry, sit on top of an amp head, combo or desktop.
• Silent direct recording via unbalanced out.
2) A power booster for low powered amps.
• Can attenuate or boost the output of a lunchbox amp.
• Any small amp, Tiny Terror, Tweed Champ, AC15, Princeton, etc., can cut a live gig with a full band with all original tone intact.
• Allows you to extend the voicing of the amplifier - crank a mini amp to the threshold of destruction, then add top, bottom and volume to taste.
• Silent direct recording via unbalanced out.
3) A high quality adjustable reactive load for silent recording.
Power Station can also perform as:
• A post distortion effects loop for any amp that doesn't have one.
• A mono power amplifier for guitar preamps, floor preamps and modeling preamps.
• An effects power amp for Wet/Dry amp rig.
• An onstage monitor power amp for live modeling direct to FOH system.
• A desktop power amp for adding tube power sound to direct recording for any instrument or signal source.
Power Station provides every guitar player a variety of performing and recording solutions for every kind of playing or performing application or environment.
Click here for Owners PS-100 Manual: Power Station 100
California Residents will be charged CA Sales Tax.
SHIPPING TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE U.S.: The Power Station is available on this site for shipping to most countires outside the U.S. (For sales to Japan go to http://www.okada-web.com/). International customers: First you place your pre-order and pay for the deposit plus cost of shipping. When we are ready to ship your unit, we will automatically send you one with the correct voltage rating for your country.
NOTE regarding INTERNATIONAL SHIPPMENTS: All duties, taxes and surcharges are the responsibility of the recipient.
Shipping Weight: 19 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 18" x 8" x 14"